Saturday, March 8, 2008

My Crazy Class week (3/8)

Remember I took off Monday for my birthday? Well, because of that, I was seriously backed up on all my homework so I had to get it just right.

Since I was in SF last week I arranged with the teacher to take the Critical Thinking test on Monday evening with another of her classes. So, Monday afternoon I crammed for about 2 hours. I forgot how difficult it is to memorize sometimes! What a drag. But it paid off! I made an A.
There were some crazy questions on the test one of them which took me a while to figure out was which constellation is made up of a ferocious animal ...? How am I supposed to know? I did not grow up here and we learned nothing of constellations! The only way I figured it out was the next question asked which animal has a lot of hair around its neck and lives in prides? I vaguely remembered that lions live in prides and the previous question's answer must be Leo! How is that for deductive reasoning -- I am sure Ms. Sutherland would be proud!

It was a little comic though because there was this guy in the class. Kind of made you want to take him under your wing. Anyway he had no idea what a constellation was. The teacher tried to explain with no luck and she asked 2 other girls to try and I don't think they had much luck either. Since each question was worth 4 points it was little worrying that missing two back to back would put an a in jeopardy even though they were supposed to be throw aways!

That ordeal over I moved on to Design class homework. Had to come up with a fantasy piece. this is what I came up with: Dragon.


I also did Betty Boop and a series of masks which he liked but I forgot to take a picture of. This was a silhouette art piece that I did not submit.

Below are previous submissions and these are cutouts of black paper on white background. Lots of cutting and gluing. My fingers were cramped when I was done.



No comments:

Google