Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter!

Easter was quiet. We went to church. Gosh I have never seen it so packed! The best part was everyone behaved leaving the parking lot. You know how sometimes people forget what they just heard in church and act crazy because they can't wait to leave like someone chasing them off the lot.
Anyway, we went to Lulu's Creperie Cafe, this little unassuming creperie place in Laguna Hills. A very nice drive. The french brunch food was even better. I had the seafood crepe (La Mer) hmmm! The light creamy sauce was so good. I was so close to licking the plate but I restrained myself and used a piece of bread instead. John had the "La Cajun".
After that wonderful brunch we headed to the mall to do some serious shopping only to find that it was closed! Can you believe it closed! It is bad enough that we always forget this at Thanksgiving but to mess up on Easter too is just rich! The only shop that was open was Borders and I seriously do not need to buy another book. My house is full of them and I have not finished what I bought last weekend!

Not a single car in the South Coast Plaza Parking lot and valet is cordoned off!

So we go for a drive which is always good. Later on in the evening I go for a 10 mile walk to help manage the calories I ate at brunch. I can't get over that we live here and I can walk to the Ocean and watch the sunset. John ran to the Huntington Beach pier to meet me and we had dinner at Savannah. I am so bummed that my favorite restaurant on the water, Chimayo, got replaced by Savannah. The food is pretty much the same (probably did not want to lose loyal customers). I am sooo bummed!!

No comments:

Google