Thursday, January 17, 2008

New semester ... what course to take? where are my grades?

Eeek! The semester starts in 2 weeks, on 1/28 precisely, and I am trying to figure out what to take. I checked a couple of weeks back to try to register and check on my grades. I can't get into the phone system and I cannot figure out how to check my grades on-line. For a decently educated person I am rather hopeless.

Bear in mind that I took both classes for Pass/no Pass grade so I don't know why I am so hell bent on finding out my grades. I think I am secretly hoping that the teachers forgot to put in their paperwork for P/NP and I would actually get a grade. John told me the grades are coming in the mail next week so I need to chill.

Moving on to choosing a class. John helped me get into the Golden West College registration site. He is so handy to have around sometimes! And I went searching for stuff to take.

First choice, Advanced Screenwriting the next class. Maybe I can get to finish that script after all.

I mention to John "How about Introduction to Criminal Justice?" He laughs and I get offended. It is something I know nothing about and it would be interesting to learn! I huff indignantly. He says "Isn't that for police officers?" I am like "So?" It is all about expanding horizons. I am not too happy with him and he retracts his statement. Now you know who is queen.

Next on the list is Creative Writing or Critical Thinking. Ahhh! Right up my alley but I have to prove that I can write in the first place by showing them transcripts or something. Aiiee! Too much trouble but I need to figure it out soon because I really want to take one of those classes.

To really get me out of my comfort zone I have Acting Fundamentals. My palms are almost breaking in a sweat thinking about it. I don't mind dweebing away in the background writing but being on stage. Oh my! Also, it is on a Monday so it will mess up any long weekend plans but I am trying to continue to challenge myself and I have told my other personalities who are just as chicken as I am that at least it is not an improv class.

The last possibility is Physical Anthropology or Linguistics since I liked Physical Anthropology so much.

So far, the only class I am set on is Advanced script writing.

2 comments:

TK said...

Ah, J is back in action! Been quiet for a while, then boom!

JJ said...

Yea, the holidays n all. Forgot to keep on writing. :-)

Google