Sunday, January 27, 2008

Cost Plus & California Pizza Kitchen

After the uneventful wait for the termite guys, we needed to get John fed but first I wanted to go to Cost Plus at John's insightful suggestion.

I needed to get some exotic tea to remedy my day. The store wasn't busy which was good so I took my time. John found a case of winter beers that got him quite excited. How one can get excited about beer is beyond me. I tasted the stuff once in my very young adulthood and decided it was not for me. How do people do it? I tasted it again when I was older and was doubly convinced that it was not for me. Yiiich! Disgusting stuff.

I must admit they do do look kinda pretty for beers.


Enough about how I feel about beer. I found some ginger tea and some hot apple cider. Hmmmm! I also found this tea sampler from Republic of Tea but it was about $10. I did not want to walk out of the store with nearly $25 worth of tea. I am frugal you know.

I also got a bottle of lemon soda which I can't wait to try and some dark chocolate for John. Then I happened on this beautiful beautiful glass pendant which I had to get and wore almost immediately.



After spending an amount I won't disclose we dropped off our purchases in the car and headed to CA pizza kitchen. the wait was a little long but so was the wait for Islands which was just across the way.

Dinner was not bad at all. I had a mixed green salad to start which much to my delight had slivers of pear and candied walnuts and some light vinaigrette. I realized when it arrived that I had not read the description of the salad. I had just looked for the least expensive salad that was sold in half plates. John had the crabcakes.

I am on this kick of trying to make decisions quickly and not dwelling on things for too long. This time it worked but I should have read a little closer.

Anyway, The crab cakes were numbered four and were each the size of a silver dollar. Interesting. They tasted fine.

John had the Neopolitan Sicilian pizza and I had the Neopolitan style Chipotle Chicken. Nice and spicy. Neopolitan style just means thin crust and a bit crunchy. John asked me what it meant and he did exactly what I did on the salad he did not read the description. I think we both need help.

Back to the food. Both pizzas were delicious and entirely too much to eat so we got a doggy back. It has been eons since I have been to Pizza Kitchen and I realize between the salad and the pizza I have been missing something. The rest of the menu is pasta and desserts which I am actively staying away from anyway it was hard to eat another bite.

No comments:

Google