Thursday, January 17, 2008

Glorious Thursday & Starting a biz website

Well, it has been a long work day and my mind is swirling as I get increasingly bored and I contemplate my non resolutions. I could not wait till the end of the day to start on my little quest: purchase a domain name.

Going on-line to buy a domain name has been informative but I have yet to buy one because I am wondering if I am putting the cart before the horse?

First, I went to www.godaddy.com to see if they had the name I wanted. yay! It was available for the low low price of $9.99 a year. Not bad. Now on to hosting. The cheapest hosting was $3.99 a month for 2 months. Hmmm... that could rack up pretty quickly waiting for proof of concept but still not bad at $24 for 6 months in 2-month increments. One kind of gets carried away when one sees the other options like $3.59/mo. for 12 months or Deluxe plan for $6.99 a month. I say KISS -- keep it simple sister.

As I am seriously contemplating this possibility, John says to hold on because Google does it better if he could only find the associated website. He did eventually and yes they do it better at $10/yr with hosting included. You have to get hooked into their apps but it is a pretty cool deal. It is located on their application site at http://www.google.com/a/cpanel/domain/new.

Before I get carried away I need to go back and read the sections in the books that got me on this kick: The 4 Hour Work Week and Moonlighting on the Web.

So, I am off to read some more about how to test your product on the Internet before you pull the trigger.

No comments:

Google