Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Sunday at Dog Beach and MiMi Restaurant

I went walking on Sunday to get in my long haul for the weekend. I half power walked to the beach at about 4pm intending to get in 2 hours of walking. When I reached dog beach about 40 minutes later, wave after wave rolled in and they were huge! They looked about 10 feet high. They were amazing! No one was surfing which l thought was odd and I later learned there was a surf advisory because of the storm and it was not safe to surf. Also there wasn't a lifeguard in sight. There were a few brave souls on the beach playing with the waves but no one dared go in. It was fun to watch all the people taking pictures of the waves. I called John to come out to see them.

Well, the waves played havoc on my walk so I only managed 5 miles when l really wanted to walls 6 miles. Anyway, my after-walk treat was going to our favorite Japanese restaurant Mimi they have the best sushi in town. When we go there I always wish l spoke Japanese so l can tell them how much We appreciate their restaurant. We eat there Once a week or more. A little extravagant I know, but if you ate their food you would understand. The tuna and salmon just melt in your month. My personal favorite is the Unagi (eel) and Unaju (eel on rice).

I was less than lady like in my waling sweats but did not let that get in the way of my culinary enjoyment.

No comments:

Google