Monday, February 18, 2008

Perfect Day

Today was as close to perfect as I can think of! First thing was getting up late. Then we went to church and they sang one of My favorite hymns: Greats is Thy faithfulness. That song fills my heart and always comes close to making me cry. But it always reminds me of all the good things that have happened in my life and the not so good things and the fact that with His steady hand I am stronger and have come through it all. So, Church was a very good way of starting the day.

After church I gave John a kiss and walked 2 miles to Old Mary to find some sweatpants for walking. John was waiting at this coffee shop. I sat for a moment and proceeded to get detoured from Old Navy to the Aerosoles Store: Shoes!!! My favorite thing! Well, it was almost a bust till I found these short boots that will go perfectly with my Work trousers/pants and are comfortable and boast a high enough of a heel for me to be happy. But l swear it was so bard to find my size in the shoes for sale. The store only seemed to have size 9s or 11s so l could not get any of the other cute 3 or 4 pairs of shoes I wanted for which my wallet is probably thankful for but my inner fashionista is quite upset about!

Next stop was Earth Shoes a store John told me about. The shoes in there were earthy and pricey. I moved on to old Navy. Finally! found some really cool cropped sweatpants. I nearly went for the peach-colored ones but l rethought when the image of my butt sashaying down the street filled my mind in full color. I usually don't mind my butt, it is one of my better features, but having it streak down the street in practically a neon sign for coverage is not exactly what l want people to remember me by. "Oh yes, I remember her! She was wearing those peach long pants! I nearly fell out of my chair laughing at her audacity! Those black women! Boy, l tell ya, they'll wear anything!" Or, equally as appalling is being a walking advertisement for the show "What Not To Wear"! That is how my criminal record will begin: with neon peach-colored cropped sweatpants! Makes me shudder just to think of it!

Enough about the sweatpants. We went to Barnes and Noble to book shop. We always find something. Interesting thing was l had not printed out my 20% coupon but l showed it to the cashier on my cell phone and she gave me the discount. That was pretty cool. l saved one piece of paper in my grand scheme to go paperless! Woohoo! l was very pleased with myself.

Next on the list was Kabuki for dinner which as always was good but halfway through sushi l feltincredibly nauseated so John hadto finish what was left of the Sushi. I was a little bummed because I did not get to to eat the salmon but l would rather not have it come back up either. I manaqed to eat part of John's pork tonkatsu without the ponzu sauce. That was a lot better. I think all the flavors got to me and made me feel sick.

We watched the movie Jumper which could have been better. When we get home, we decided to watch "The Long Kiss Goodnight" to make up for the not-so-good movie. After some decaf coffee and some chocolate and biscuits it was all right as rain.

Now off to sleep and to enjoying another day off: President's Day!

No comments:

Google