Friday, April 20, 2007

Dyson baby!

Have been waiting for the newest miracle in vacuuming history to show up at the door. I have heard trucks drive by and heard phantom sounds at the front door and it is now 10:53am. I wen to check the front door some time back because I saw what looked like a FedEx truck drive by. Let it be noted here that Amazon does not use FedEx so I am not sure why I felt compelled to go to the door to get a disappointing glimpse of rain and dry leaves. The dry leaves a sore reminder that the front yard needs a sweep -- but it's raining I can wait. (You can see the front yard picture in the Rain! blog).

I am normally patient but I have been thinking of clean carpets for 4 months and even more intensely for the past 2-3 days. I have been dreaming about the bloody thing!

It is 12:20pm I just heard the door bell -- I bet you that's it...yes it is! It came! Vroom, vroom!! It is time VACUUUUM!!! (when you read this think WWF are you ready to rumble!!!)

Disappointment #1: The box looks damaged. I lay all the bits and pieces out on the carpet ready for assembly. Step1: I click in the long flexible hose. Do it twice to make sure I got it right. Then move on to Step 2: attach the long wand ...

Disappointment #2: the wand is severely bent and has holes. It must have been dropped or smooshed in transit. I guess I will be talking about Dyson's suction prowess another day. Humph!

Next: call to customer service!

After a brief, uneventful call to Dyson customer service, I will be receiving a replacement wand shortly. When I asked the customer rep when to expect it she hesitated and said in 7 to 10 business days.

Disappointment #3:(bad things always come in 3s) 7-10 business days!!! I purchased Mr. Dyson DC14 complete (a girl has got to have all the attachments) on the 18th and its yellow, purple and steel self got here on the 20th -- 2 days with no additional shipping cost. Amazon prime is a wonderful thing. Now, I won't be getting my satisfaction for another 1.5 - 2 weeks. So not fair.

I now have to look at broken promises and dashed expectations for all that time and wonder if the color choice was someone's idea of making the machine hip. I also begin to notice there is not much purple to the machine -- not as regal as I thought. I need to figure out where to hide it so I don't think about it. That way, when the part arrives I would have forgotten about the machine and it will a pleasant surprise.

Between the bent wand and the rain I am, yet again, depressed. No fun to be had this weekend exploring Dyson's cleaning power! I guess I'll go see a movie later to cheer myself up. Toodles!

6pm

Not to be beat by a blasted hose and wanting to try out my new toy I read the manual and nocticed I could attach the mini turbine directly to the hose. Ahh lift off! It worked well for a while then it started whistling signaling it needed its friend the hose. So, I abandoned that idea. Then looked at the manual one more time and guess what you can attach the hose directly to all the little tools they give you in the kit. So I looked for the stair tool thingy attached it and started on the stairs. It worked beautifully -- we have suction powah!

After doing the bottom half of the stairs and the platform I look at the canister. Now I feel like my house is really dirty. The canister is looking almost 1/3rd full -- it is only half of the stairs. I am back to feeling depressed about not being a good housekeeper. Farewell Dirt Devil, you go to goodwill tomorrow!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hehehe, this is a good one. I am sorry about all the dust! Boy does that Dyson box look foutre - right there is a strong argument against online shopping! Who did they get to deliver it? Valujet?

Unknown said...

why no more blogs? love from your no. 1 fan!

TK said...

Note to self. Must avoid purchasing vacuums where one can actually see the one's dust. WOW! Note2: Borrow Janet's vacuum when one is feeling brave enough to indulge in a brief science experiment. - Tati K (aka YB)

Google