Saturday, April 14, 2007

Bloody Jean Luc!!!

I was not planning to add another post so soon but ... we, John really, are all packed flight is at 2:45 pm it is now 12:50pm -- time to go. We decide on my car, my baby Jean Luc, named after the StarTrek captain Jean Luc Piccard. Trunk loaded with suitcase and laptop, backseat weighted down with a hefty accounting textbook with various pieces of important paper sticking out and we are good to go.

I stick the key in the ignition and turn, engine starts up, I release and it quickly dies. What?!?! I foolishly did it again because I could not believe I had been let down by my beloved Jean Luc yet there it was again a quick start then a sputter! We are truly being tested! This is not the time to deal with this so everything comes out of my car, John grunting with emphasis, and goes into Christian (John's car) and we are gone. Christian is named after a German friend of John's so it has some inflection to it -- if we are lucky Christian will make us rich!

We get to the airport at exactly 1:45pm an hour before the flight which is not great timing. After unloading the trunk and backseat and quick peck of a kiss I am driving Christian back to the highway secretly hoping John is on time. 20 - 30 minutes later I get a call from hubby saying all is well and he is at the gate but if he were not a gold member of United he would have been sorely late. Ah, relief -- sometimes scrambling to make the 50k flying miles every year on United is worth it!

I get home and the first thing I do after safely parking Christian is see if Jean Luc is really kaput. Silently praying, I try to ignite my car and it dies. I try the one thing they say not to do I lightly pump the gas and try again and it starts but this time I did not let my foot off the gas. I revved like I was about to try out for nascar. I left my foot on the accelerator for a bit then let go to see if he would keep on. Success, he did not die again so I left him humming for a while.

He should be fine now but it serves me right for not using the poor car in about 2 weeks. He was probably angry at being neglected. I vow to drive him extensively over the weekend!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Excellent blog, you are my favorite blogger! All my love, John

P.S. I did not grunt with emphasis!!

Google