Friday, April 20, 2007

Rain!

It is raining! Raining! How exciting. When I was in SF last week there was a lot on the news about how little rain had been received and there may need to be a rationing for this year because there may not be enough for next year.


Well, the LA has the same problem. When they say it's sunny in California that is what they really mean. Out of the 15 inches expected by this time of the year we have only received somewhere under 2 so the rain is welcomed. It has been raining since last night and I am thoroughly delighted and one hair short of dancing in it naked -- John doesn't share my enthusiasm because he is from London where it rains all the time and the umbrella is as fashion necessary as a handbag. If you have seen his reaction when he leaves a brawly behind then you'll understand what I mean.

I love the rain and it was a welcome occurrence last night in getting me to go back to sleep because I had a terrible nightmare. The center of the drama was this Jekyll and Hyde character who when he turned looked like a cross between leprechaun and hulk and he had the green talons with ugly black streaks to match. Somehow I had been kidnapped by this character and was only let to see my family if I promised to make it back to his lair. Before that, it was a horrible combination of stinky breathing, an indescribable amount of fear, and faking sleep. Of course, I postponed getting back to his abode for a long as I could and grossly miscalculating how far I could push it, he came to find me angry as all heck and looking dangerously like he would turn. I guess I could not take that so I woke up. An imaginative mind has its downsides.

For the next 30-45 minutes every creak in the house sounded like a burglar on the stairs. The heating going on just about made my hair fall out and I even mistook the rain at the start as impending doom :-). With the tap tap tap at 4:30am this morning i was out like a light again in no time.

It is still raining now and it is 10am. Yippee! John makes fun of me because I always say I need the rain to grow. I do feel like a green plant some times the rain is necessary for my development. Ok, I know what you are thinking...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello, in the meantime I was in Oxford with everyone marvelling (happily) that there was no rain there! I was worried I had left all my brollies (it is brolly not brawly) in LA - but when I got there it was soooo sunny. OK babe, well I like to see the rainy photos. Love, John xox.

Google