Saturday, April 5, 2008

Mid Term in Design Class

This week was midterm in design class so I had to step up some of my pieces to present. Very nerve wracking as I was still working on some sketches right up to Tuesday night! I think I still have an A.

Toys

Logos (sports footwear)

Fantasy (Dragons -- I love dragons!)
Not the best picture though ...


Designer (Steve Madden)

Beachware


3-D (this was hard!!)



Doodles

Going into week 12 it gets a little tougher because we start sketching designer stuff and think about sculpting in foam. Uhhh... I'm hosed.

We have to look at stuff from Eames I can't remember the other guy's name. but there is this block wooden stool by Ray and Charles Eames that I absolutely adore because it reminds me of African wooden stools.


There are a number of other furniture designers at the website: Design Within Reach. Some of the stuff is really really cool.

TTFN

2 comments:

TK said...

The dragons were particularly impressive, J! Maybe you could consider a second career as a tattoo artist? - Tati K

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Teclado e Mouse, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://mouse-e-teclado.blogspot.com. A hug.

Google