Monday, October 22, 2007

Been a while ...

So much has happened in the last few months that my words got jumbled. As my tongue loosened my words came out in poetry.


Love 1

I want to crawl up into your finger tips
Into the ridges of your finger prints
And touch you as you touch me.

I want to be the sigh that starts from your toes
to your heart when you gimpse my navel
for thst I want to be breath in your lungs

I want to stand in your foot steps
Being the one your are for me and seeing
For the first time through your eyes of love.


Wind

Bare in the wind and it walks down my spine
Causing the leaves to whisper in the silence
I hear it not for it flutters away as I
Try to grasp it with my hands and feet and thumbs

The trees roar and the birds are chirpless
they listen to the one who created sound and fury and silence
So too am I in awe on a sleepless night
With her beckoning to come outside and play



Grand Ma (in spirit)

Her voice comes to me in the shadows of the night
I talk to her during the day and catch myself
Reaching out I can just about touch her
Image dissipating in the swirls of mercury.
Full of memories, she continues to tell me of
Her childhood, maidenhood, womanhood.
I listen amplified by conches her singsong
Voice echoing through the space between us
Unaware of the ripples distorting her picture
And the water plumbs that make her voice undulate.
She becomes the wisp of an aroma on the wind
Sailing past in the mid-afternoon air
The shhhh of a cluster of leaves in the dawn
Falling to the damp autumn earth in homage
The barest touch of hand on my shoulder
When I am lost to the outer world and
I can just about feel her on my skin and
With a burst she is gone.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for the nice poems,
Love
John

TK said...

Very nice poem about grandma. And I'm sure that John LOVED Love 1.

- Tati K

Google