Monday, August 6, 2007

Shopping and Insomnia

Shopping was fun! Went to Macy's and they had my favorite summer sale on: Shoes! Considering how much damage I did last year I headed straight for the racks. I was more restrained this time I only got two pairs of shoes I actually snagged a Joan and David pair of closed toe pumps for about $40! Let me say it again: J&D for $40! I was feeling pretty good it was basically a 77% off sale -- first reduced 50%, then another 50%, and take off an extra 10 - 15% if you use your Macy's card. Works for me.

Next I headed to the ladies clothes. By the time I got out of there I could barely walk because I was laden with so many purchases in the end I paid about 30% of the original price on everything. I was quite pleased especially when some of the items were Ralf Lauren and Jones New York. My mom would be proud of my frugality.

Enough of the girl talk. Evening goes smoothly I laundered and packed and am ready for today. I even do the dishes because I hate coming home to a dirty kitchen -- very depressing. Someday I need to explore that feeling with a therapist -- but not today. I get into bed at 11pm and watch this new ABC Family TV show called Fallen. About Angels that have fallen from heaven and are seeking redemption from this half angel half human teenage boy (a Nephilim). Pretty compelling and totally my kind of thing is is based on a series of books by Tom Sniegowski.

Time for bed, lights out, but sleep does not come. Ahhh! I hate this! I toss for a while nod off get waken by something or was not really asleep anyway and I look at the clock and another hour has rolled by. I got hot turned on the fan slept for another half hour here and there and before I know it is 4:00 am and I give up the fight and decide I would just relax this takes me up to 4:30 am and I finally get out of bed to write this blog. What I pain -- God help whoever is on the plane next to me because I fully plan on snoring for the duration of the flight. There is something about taking off that knocks me out -- hope it works this time.

My mom is convinced that Bruce and I got our insomnia from her. It is worse when I am about to fly out the next morning. I am always reminded of that sleep aid commercial where there woman is counting away the hours as they tick by. I do feel that way. I have tried the cheap trick of taking Nyquil or Tylenol PM. They both work but you have a dreamless and truly unsatisfying snooze. All you feel you did was close your eyes and woke up 6 hours later and the worst is they both leave you with this woozy groggy cobweb hangover for most of the next 2-3 hours after you wake up. Really dislike the feeling so I stopped doing that I rather not sleep than have that feeling.

On a bright note I got up early, wrote a blog and now I get to hop in the shower, get dressed figure out my way to the airport (I don't have a chauffeur this morning as John is in Chicago). It's all good. It is 5:00am gotta go. There but for the grace of God go I. Happy week all.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are writing the blog at 430am? Maybe you were thinking about it (subconsciously) all night! It is more effort than we humble readers deserve, love John HR

Google