Friday, May 4, 2007

Clean house update from the domestic goddess

John came home and marveled at how wonderful everything looked. He did not give me a hard time about the papers! I finally feel like I can relax and think again in my clean new house. There is nothing like a paper and book free dining room table and a clean counter kitchen. It has been 2 weeks now and it has not changed much I am thoroughly delighted.


Now, my new lucky bamboo plant actually looks like it belongs. a little aside -- we originally had 4 bamboo stalks and I managed to kill 3 of the family. I was totally devastated. We also bought cactus at the same time and managed to kill them as well -- over-watering and no direct light. John, sensing my spiral into despair at being a lousy green thumb bought a beautiful replacement lucky bamboo. I added more plants to the collection by bringing the plan Yuki got me for my birthday home as well as the plant that was in my office.


By the way we are moving offices from 120 Kearny to 215 Fremont. In the process we were told we could not bring along any of our plants. So on Monday this week, when I went to SF for a meeting, I had to figure out how to get the plants home. Since I did not trust the admin was telling me the truth I was frantically emailing John asking him to research whether I could bring plants on the plane. The last thing I wanted to do was give up my birthday present to some airline regulation. It all turned out well because the guy at security just looked at the bag and asked me "plants?" I said yes and that was the end to all the earlier drama of the day. Go figure, I was stressing for nothing.


Back to cleaning, my delight may be a little short lived because John is going back to teaching. I think by the submission of the first home work assignments and quizzes, I will no longer be able to see my carpet. Hmmm ... I need to come up with a filing system for that chaotic period. In meantime I will enjoy the serenity of my clean home!


By the way the bags that were to go to goodwill never made it. I am procrastinator extraordinaire. I will be putting that off some more by enjoying my weekend.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear Janet

The house still looks lovely, I am not worthy. It is good to see the green folk getting the global audience they deserve!

Love
John

TK said...

Excellent and impressive! I washed dishes this weekend. :-) - Tati K.

Google